Treat Yourself to Various Fun Outdoor Activities in Concan, TX
You are someone who loves the outdoors and is ready to enjoy it again. Various destinations and options are available all over the country. While some places may offer some of the things you like to do, others may have limited recreational choices nearby. Turn to River Oaks Resort for your next weekend getaway or vacation. We provide you with access to a range of outdoor activities in Concan, TX.
Bicyclists know that biking is a fun way to get some exercise. We invite you to bring your bike with you to explore the natural beauty of our area while you burn calories. If you prefer to let a four-legged friend work while you enjoy the scenery, local businesses offer horseback riding. Pack your jeans and boots, and you will be ready for a spirited ride.
You will feel like a true explorer when you go caving while staying in one of our riverfront house rentals. Work on improving your swing or play 18 holes when you go golfing at area courses.
Fun on the Water
Many of you prefer to spend your days on the water. You will not be disappointed if you stay at our resort because our location near bodies of water offers you opportunities to enjoy your favorite pastimes.
Grab your rod and reel and climb into a boat to experience the best of clear water fishing near the hill country. Kayaking allows you to take in the area’s natural beauty while you paddle down the river.
Reach out to our Concan river resort to reserve cabins.
Floating, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Swimming
Float tubing, kayaking, snorkeling and swimming are just a few of the recreational activities that are available. Concan is the home to one of the best stretches of the Frio River and it has been recognized as one of the best destinations in the Lone Star State.
We rent tubes for $10, cooler tubes for $15, single kayaks for $25 and double kayaks for $50. We do not have a shuttle, however there are several outfitters here that shuttle daily.
The Frio River is definitely one of the hidden jewels of Texas, located in Southwest Texas on the edge of the hill country and the South Texas Brushland, this river offers ample opportunities for clear water fishing.
The Frio River is great for largemouth bass. From December to March you can find rainbow trout. This river is crowded with tubers in the summer but it always has great spots for fishing lovers.
There is nothing like horseback riding in the hill country so bring your jeans and boots for horseback riding in Concan. The following two businesses may be contacted for riding information. We recommend that you contact them in advanced for reservations, directions, and pricing.
- Guided Horseback Rides, Sunset Hayrides
- Cost: $25 Horse Rides, $6 Hayrides
- Reservations: 830-232-6118
Elm Creek Stables
- Guided Horseback Rides, Scenic Hill Country Trail
- Cost: $27 Horse Rides, $7 Pony Rides for Little Ones
- Reservations: 830-232-5365
Golf and Mini Golf
If you’re a pro or an amateur golfer, you will love playing golf on a course in the Texas Hill Country. You have the choice to play in an 18 hole golf course or our own 18 hole mini golf.
The Club at Concan
- Address: Mountain Valley, Cr 348, Concan, Texas 78838
- Amenities: 18 hole championship course, 7300 yards, par 72, pro shop, driving range, grill. Please call for pricing, hours of operation, and specials. Memberships available.
- Opening hours: N/A
- Phone: 830-232-4471
Uvalde Golf Club
- Address: 329 E Garden St. Uvalde, Texas 78801
- Amenities: 18 hole, 6000 yard, par 70 courses, putting and chipping greens, driving range, & pro shop. Play 18 holes for $14.00. Cart rental is $18.00.
- Opening hours: Tue-Sun 8am till dark
- Phone: 830-278-6155
River Oaks Golf Links
- Address: ½ mile River Rd. Concan, Texas 78838
- Amenities: One of the nicest miniature golf courses in the Texas Hill Country. There is a 9 hole courses and a large practice green which is situated in a beautiful setting with plenty of benches. Non-players can relax and enjoy watching the fun from a central patio area. Play this 9 hole course for only $5.00.
- On season hours: Monday – Sunday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Off-season: Monday – Sunday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Phone: 830-232-6106
Riding bicycles is a great way to enjoy nature, whether you like mountain biking, road biking or just get on your bike for scenic riding, Concan is the perfect place for your biking experience.
If you are a bicycling passionate you have the opportunity to participate in the River Region Classic which takes place in the month of October of each year. For more Texas bicycling events, news and thoughts visit www.texbiker.net.